What information is collected?
Dealers will install the Service into Dealers’ Customers’ homes in accordance with an agreement between the Dealer and the Dealer’s Customer. Dealers and the devices connected to the Service will provide certain information to RTI. The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- Setup information provided by Dealers’ Customers to Dealers, including contact information, such as Dealers’ Customers’ first names, last names, phone numbers, physical addresses, and email addresses;
- Data from device sensors, including the detection of motion and audio, lighting, and HVAC settings across devices and between RTI interfaces and third-party devices;
- Usage and performance information, including changes to device settings and configuration, actions performed by the devices, actions related to Dealers’ Customers’ use of the Service, and Dealers’ Customers’ interactions with the devices, as determined by Dealers’ configured settings; and
- Technical information from devices in order to troubleshoot problems, including Wi-Fi network name (SSID), IP address, and RTIQ device model, serial number, software version, and other technical information, including but not limited to sensor status, Internet connectivity, errors, and power and battery status.
How is information used?
- Providing, developing, and improving the RTI products and Service; Assisting in customization to decrease Dealers’ Customers’ environmental footprint and maximize energy conservation;
- Using aggregated, non-identified data across all Dealers’ Customers to evaluate our products and the Service and develop additional products and services to offer, for research purposes, and to assist us in sales, marketing, and business decisions in order to better serve our Dealers and Dealers’ Customers;
- Sharing information with any business partners, subsidiaries, licensees, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners;
- Sharing information with our vendors, service providers, and technicians to assist in processing, storage, and technical support; and
- For any other purpose with Dealers’ or Dealers’ Customers’ consent.
We may share collected information with any subsidiaries, licensees, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners. We may also share Dealers’ and Dealers’ Customers’ personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
We may also disclose Dealers’ and Dealers’ Customers’ information to a third-party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of RTI, or its subsidiaries or divisions. Any third party to which RTI transfers or sells the Service related assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information provided to us.
Connecting with Third-Parties
How can I limit information collected?
Dealers’ and Dealers’ Customers can choose to disable certain monitoring services through the Service. Management and monitoring and the subsequent collection of data are not required for the certain parts of the Service to function. However, disabling monitoring services will disable our ability to provide Dealers and Dealers’ Customers with certain services.
How is information protected?
We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for all User and Customer information collected through our Site and Service designed to secure Users’ and Customers’ personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of Users’ and Customers’ personal information transmitted through our Site or Service.
Dealers are also responsible for the safety and security of information through the Service. Where Dealers choose a password for access to certain parts of our Service, they are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We require that Dealers not share their passwords with anyone and choose strong passwords for their account credentials as outlined in RTI Dealer Agreement.
We retain personal data we collect on behalf of the Dealers to provide them the Service. The Services provided to the Dealer provides them with controls that Dealers may use to retrieve or delete Dealer’s Customer’s personal data. Upon termination or expiration of RTI’s Agreement with a Dealer, RTI will either delete or return personal data in its possession, unless otherwise required by applicable law. When personal data is deleted, it may be retained for a limited period of time in backup copies. We may still retain data collected from Dealers in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not identify Dealer’s Customers. We also will not delete data if we are legally required to maintain it. If a Dealer’s Customer wishes to request deletion of his or her data, please provide the name of the Dealer who submitted that data to our services. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to refer that request to that Dealer and to support them as needed in responding to the request. RTI may contact the Dealer to confirm the authorization to amend or delete.
Data Transfers and Processing
European Union residents may have rights to access data, limit use and disclosure, and to request deletion of their personal data. If you are a Dealer’s Customer, please provide the name of the Dealer who submitted your data to our services, if applicable. We will refer that request to the Dealer and will support them as needed in responding to your request. RTI may contact the Dealer to confirm the authorization to amend or delete.
You may contact us regarding any dispute or complaint at email@example.com. For European Union residents, if that does not sufficiently address the complaint, you may file a complaint with a data protection authority regarding our processing of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact information of European supervisory authorities is available here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/policies/justice-and-fundamental-rights_en.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Site and Service are not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect information from any person under the age of 16.
Users’ California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the information below.
5775 12th Ave E, Shakopee, MN 55379