U1 Weather Resistant Controller
This model has been discontinued
The U1 Remote Control provides a rugged interface option for communicating with RTI remote control processors.
The U1 was designed for reliable wireless control of audio/video systems from environments which are too harsh for normal remote controls. It is completely sealed, making it weather resistant. Whether indoors or out, the U1 is a perfect companion for hot tubs, pools, bathrooms, and decks.
The U1 Remote Control is programmed using the same intuitive Integration Designer Software that RTI has become famous for. The U1 allows the basic functions of other factory remotes to be combined into a simple one-handed user interface for command of any audio/video system.
The U1 is designed to be used with RTI remote control processors, making it more than just another remote control - it's an expandable control system. When used with the available RTI accessory devices, the U1 is capable of power sensing for reliable operation, and RS-232 communications for advanced control.
NOTE: For RF control, a 433MHz antenna must be used with this model of remote. It is not compatible with the ZM-24 2.4 GHz Transceiver Module.
* Integration Designer software only available to authorized RTI dealers.
- Durable design is weather resistant
- Comfortable ergonomic design permits effortless, one-handed operation
- The perfect selection of buttons for basic audio/video control
- Four source and eight general purpose buttons are fully assignable/programmable.
- Easy-to-use Windows® based software for programming and customization*
- The default mode requires no programming of the remote for basic operation
- Transmits commands using RF for operation through walls, cabinets, etc.
- Completely customizable, programmable and upgradeable
- Tactile feedback on all buttons
- Optional Voltage and Video sensing modules to monitor power status of equipment
- Optional interface for RS-232-controlled equipment
- Non-volatile Flash memory stores your system configuration even when power is not present
- Field upgradeable firmware (thru the Integration Designer Software)
- USB Programming
- Includes four (4) AAA alkaline batteries
|Power||4 AAA alkaline batteries|
|Radio Frequency Control Range||Up to 100 feet (30.5 meters)
(with optional System Interfaces/Processors)
|Radio Frequency Carrier||433 MHz|
|Operating Temperature||+32°F to +122°F (0°C to +50°C)|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 100%|
|Standby Time with new batteries||1000 Days|
|Total System Memory||16K Bytes Flash (non-volatile) memory|
|Device Capability||Four device pages (sources)|
|Macro Capability||Macro capability on every button|
|Communications||USB programming port|
|Dimensions (L x W x D)||5.9 in (150mm) x 2.3 in (59mm) x 1.2 in (30mm)|
|Enclosure||High-impact molded ABS plastic with textured finish|
|Weight||5.5 oz. (156g) with batteries|
|Warranty||One Year (Parts & Labor)|
All specifications subject to change without notice.