SURFiR Companion Remote Control
The SURFiR companion remote represents a revolutionary new concept in control - allow users to incorporate Apple ® or Android ® devices as the main graphical interface for their control system, while adding the convenience of hard buttons for tactile control. This eliminates the numerous screen swipes needed for control tasks that require frequent interaction such as channel changes, DVR control or volume adjustments. The SURFiR allows the user to enjoy the other benefits of their smart phone or tablet device: checking email, reading news feeds, accessing social media, etc. To further enhance the experience for the user, the SURFiR can track which electronic device is being controlled by the RTiPanel app and automatically controls the same. Powerful and intuitive control in an inexpensive package - everything you desire in a companion remote.
NOTE: SURFiR does not have IR capability. Also, an RM-433 433MHz antenna or ZM-24 2.4GHz Transceiver Module and an XP series control processor must be used with this model of remote. When used with an XP-3 control processor, 2.4GHz Zigbee RF must be used. 433MHz RF is NOT supported with XP-3 via the RM-433.
*Integration Designer software only available to authorized RTI dealers.
Included in the box:
SURFiR, Alkaline AAA batteries (4), clear window, screwdriver, function label sheet, room label sheet
Add the convenience of hard buttons for tactile control to your iOS or Android control app.
Standard wireless Zigbee IEEE802.15.4 connection for bidirectional control communication with RTI processors.
RF 433 MHz
Wireless unidirectional RF communication on the 433 MHz band for control communication with RTI processors.
50 Hard Buttons provide quick access to often used control functions such as lights, music, audio/video source selection without the need to navigate through the graphical interface on your touchpanel.
- Provides a companion remote for use with the RTiPanel and Virtual Panel apps.
- Tracks page changes to stay in sync with one or more apps.
- Dual RF transmission capability uses 433MHz and 2.4GHz (utilizing Zigbee® technology).
- Remote finder beeper allows user to easily locate SURFiR by pressing a button on their smart phone or tablet.
- Ergonomic design permits effortless, one-handed operation.
- Completely customizable and programmable.
- Security screw on battery door for hotel applications.
- Inexpensive and requires no direct programming.*
- Includes eight buttons that can be custom labeled.
- Select between 433MHz and 2.4GHz RF operation.
- Works with any XP series control processor.
- Battery low indicator.
- Uses 4 AAA batteries.
* There is no USB port on the SURFiR. Programming is done in Integration Designer which generates a "code key" that is input on remote keypad.
|Power||4 AAA Alkaline batteries|
|Power Management||Automatic On/Off|
|Radio Frequency Control Range||Up to 100 feet (30.5 meters)
(with optional System Interfaces/Processors)
|Radio Frequency Carrier||433 MHz & 802.15.4 @ 2.4Ghz (Zigbee® technology)|
|Operating Temperature||+32°F to +122°F (0°C to +50°C)|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% Non-condensing|
|Standby Time on Full Charge||365 Days|
|Total System Memory||256K Bytes Flash (non-volatile) memory|
|Device Capability||Total number of devices determined in control app (ex. RTiPanel)|
|Macro Capability||All programming stored in RTI XP control processor
Macro capability on every button
|Dimensions (L x W x D)||9.5 in (240mm) x 1.8 in (46mm) x .8 in (22mm)|
|Enclosure||High-impact molded ABS plastic|
|Weight||8.0 oz. (228g) with batteries|
|Warranty||Three Years (Parts & Labor)
One year on the battery