M2 Universal Controller
This model has been discontinued
Designed to be extremely flexible and affordable, the M2 combines the
convenience of eight programmable LCD “soft” buttons with the ideal selection of commonly used keypad buttons. The high contrast display can be customized with any combination of text and graphics desired.
This provides the end-user with a simple and flexible interface for operating today's sophisticated media systems, no matter how complex.
The M2 is more than just another affordable remote control - it’s an
expandable control system. When used with RTI accessory devices, it
is capable of radio frequency transmission, power sensing for reliable
operation, and RS-232 communications for advanced control. Sleek and
perfectly balanced, the M2 is also infinitely flexible and expandable.
The M2 takes complete control of the home theater, replacing all other
remotes. It features a bright, high-contrast LCD that can display custom
buttons and text. In addition to the backlit display, there are 33 hard buttons
that allow easy access to frequently used functions.
NOTE: For RF control, a 433MHz antenna must be used with this model of remote. It is not compatible with the ZM-24 2.4 GHz Transceiver Module.
*Integration Designer software only available to authorized RTI dealers.
- Ergonomic design permits effortless one-handed operation.
- Thirty-three assignable/programmable keypad buttons.
- Combines easy-to-read LCD display for custom buttons, text, and graphics
with eight programmable keypad buttons.
- Tilt switch can automatically turn on the backlight when picked up.
- Extremely bright, backlit display and keypad.
- Intuitive layout of keypad buttons for commonly used functions.
- Transmits IR and RF (or both - on a single button or within a macro!).
- Optional RF receiver allows you to transmit through walls, cabinets, etc.
- Completely customizable, programmable and upgradeable.
- Extremely wide IR transmitting frequency range.
- Optional ‘Voltage’ and ‘Video’ sensing modules to monitor power status
- Optional interface for RS-232 controlled equipment.
- Non-volatile Flash memory stores your system configuration even when
power is not present.
- Field upgradeable firmware.
- System includes four AAA Alkaline batteries.
- USB Programming.
|Power||4 AAA Alkaline batteries|
|Power Management||Automatic On/Off (tilt switch)|
|Infrared Control Range||30 feet (9.1 meters) @ 60 degrees|
|Infrared Frequency Range||15 KHz - 460 KHz|
|Radio Frequency Control Range||
Up to 100 feet (30.5 meters)
|Radio Frequency Carrier||433 MHz|
|Display||High-contrast STN Monochrome LCD
|Display Size (H x W)||2.1 in x .94 in (53mm x 24mm)|
|Backlight||White EL (Display and Keypad)|
|Operating Temperature||+32°F to +122°F (0°C to +50°C)|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% Non-condensing|
|Total System Memory||256K Bytes Flash (non-volatile) memory|
|Device Capability||Total number of devices is limited only by memory|
|Macro Capability||Unlimited steps in a single macro
Total number of macros is limited only by memory
Macro capability on every button
|Communications||USB programming port|
|Enclosure||High-impact molded ABS plastic|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||9.1 in (251mm) x 2.4 in (64mm) x 1.0 in (28mm)|
|Weight||7 oz (200g)|
|Warranty||One Year (Parts & Labor)|