KX7 7 inch In-Wall Touchpanel
The extraordinary KX7 is packed full of features for complete control of entertainment, environment and security systems in any residential or commercial installation. The wall-mounted touchpanel has a slim profile, framing a vivid 7” LCD that can be custom tailored for intuitive control, while the multi-touch capacitive touchscreen allows screen swiping for page navigation. The built-in RS-232 and infrared communication allow for direct control of electronics without a control processor. In addition, video inputs make it possible to view analog video at up to 576p, while an Ethernet connection enables even more functionality, such as viewing IP security cameras, surfing the web and advanced two-way control.
*Feedback requires a compatible two-way RTI control processor.
*Integration Designer software only available to authorized RTI dealers.
Included in the box:
KX7, bezel (white), RJ45 to DB9 serial adapter (1), ferrite clamp, mounting wings (2), drywall cutout template
Blend your flush-mount touchpanel into the wall and make it a central point for controlling your home or business.
Get status feedback from controlled devices on your touchpanel such as on/off or arm/disarm status, dimming value of lights, music playlists, available radio stations.
Ethernet / WiFi
Check the weather forecast, view video from network security cameras or perform remote programming updates through a standard 10/100 BaseT wired or 2.4 GHz WiFi 802.11b/g/n wireless network connection.
Power your touchpanel through a PoE network switch or PoE injector. No extra power supply required.
Control devices directly without a control processor, using the wired RS-232 port.
Control infrared devices directly without a control processor by connecting IR emitters blasters or repeaters.
Connect a video player or set top box and view video directly on your touchpanel.
Wake the touchpanel by just approaching it. This is very convenient when you enter a dark room or your home at night.
Ambient Light Sensor
Enjoy the perfect display brightness that’s automatically set depending on the ambient light.
- Vivid 7” 800x480 WVGA LCD with integrated multi-touch capacitive touch
screen that allows screen swiping for page navigation.
- Composite, S-Video or Component video inputs allow viewing analog video at
up to 480i/576i/480p/576p resolution.
- Built-in high output IR port for direct control.
- Built-in serial port for direct RS-232 control (one-way).
- A proximity sensor automatically wakes the unit as a user approaches.
- An ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the display brightness.
- Powered using power supply, CB8 connecting block or PoE (Power over Ethernet).
- Integrated 10/100 Base-T (with PoE) and 802.11b/g/n wireless Ethernet for viewing video from IP security cameras, enhanced two-way feedback and remote programming updates.
- Stylish low-profile faceplate available in white, light almond, black or brushed aluminum (ships with white).
- Integrated mounting wings for easy retrofit installations (metal back box also available separately).
- Optional modules/processors provide additional control capabilities including two-way communication via RS-232/IP, sensing, IR and relay control.
Weight1.4 lbs (634g)
|Power||+9VDC to +16VDC, 1A max or PoE (Using Class 3 PoE
|Power Management||Adjustable backlight brightness/power down time|
|Touchscreen Display||High-brightness color TFT LCD
WVGA (800x480 pixels) with 65K colors
Integrated high-resolution projected capacitive
|Display Size||7.0 in (177mm) diagonal|
|Display Backlight||LED Backlit, 310nit|
|Infrared Output Port||200mA output
Drives up to 1000 ft (300 m) of wire
|Serial Port||RJ-45, RS-232 communication (one-way)|
|Ethernet Port||10/100 Base-T with Power-over-Ethernet (Using Class 3 PoE
|Camera||Color CMOS VGA (640x480)|
|Speakers||Two (2), Stereo 2 Watt, 8ohm|
|Total System Memory||128M Bytes Flash (non-volatile) memory|
|Device Capability||Total number of devices is limited only by memory|
|Macro Capability||Unlimited steps in a single macro
Total number of macros is limited only by memory
Macro capability on every button
|Communications||USB programming port|
|Video Input||3 BNC Connectors
Composite, S-Video or Component analog video inputs
|Enclosure||High-impact molded ABS plastic|
|Front Plate||High-impact molded ABS plastic|
|Mounting||Integrated mounting wings, or screws through front plate|
(W x H)
|7.7 in (195mm) x 5.6 in (143mm)|
(W x H)
|8.5 in (217mm) x 5.9 in (151mm)|
|Total Depth in Wall||1.4 in (36mm), 2.1 in (53mm)with Video Connector|
|Operating Temperature||+32°F to +122°F (0°C to +50°C)|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% Non-condensing|
|Warranty||Three Years (Parts & Labor)|