KX3 3.5 inch In-Wall Touchpanel Keypad w/ Control Processor
The KX3 is a unique, hybrid device that combines the capabilities of an in-wall touchpanel and an advanced control processor.* The result is an enhanced automation solution that delivers control simplicity and tremendous power in one cost-effective unit. Featuring a 3.5” high-resolution color touchscreen, two-way feedback and video intercom capabilities, the KX3 performs beautifully in residential settings. The innovative touchpanel also shines in commercial applications such as classrooms and conference rooms where the built-in control processor and room status LED's offer additional flexibility. With a sleek, refined design and amazing feature set
under the hood, users will never know how much power is at their fingertips.
*NOTE: KX3 control processor capability is now available with the latest software and firmware updates.
*Integration Designer software only available to authorized RTI dealers.
Blend your flush-mount touchpanel into the wall and make it a central point for controlling your home or business.
Five Hard Buttons provide quick access to often used control functions such as lights, music, audio/video source selection without the need to navigate through the graphical interface on your touchpanel.
Convenient and reliable control with status feedback from controlled devices such as on/off or arm/disarm status, dimming value of lights, playlists, available stations.
Two (2) control ports for 3-wire connection with the capability of polling status feedback from controlled devices or systems.
Four (4) built-in low voltage dry contacts that provide contact closure or switching control for loads up to 3A/30VDC (external power supply required).
One (1) control port for 2-wire connection to infrared emitters, blasters and repeaters.
Six (6) inputs that sense contact closure from switches, windows or doors or voltage state from a voltage sensor to trigger a programmed control command or macro.
Ethernet / WiFi
Standard 10/100 BaseT wired and 2.4 GHz WiFi 802.11b/g/n wireless network connection for bidirectional control communication with RTI remotes, control accessories and devices that are controlled over IP network.
Power your touchpanel through a PoE network switch or PoE injector. No extra power supply required.
Standard wireless Zigbee connection for bidirectional control communication with RTI remotes.
Built-in clock that syncs through an internet connection allows to schedule time-based events to automate all aspects of the installed environment, including climate, lighting, music, and much more.
Customize the button labels with text or graphics.
- Fully programmable 3.5" touchscreen display with WVGA resolution (480w x 800h) TFT LCD to display custom buttons, text and graphics.
- Five hard buttons for convenient control. (Hard buttons may be custom engraved using Laser Shark service)
- Built-in control processor provides advanced capabilities including direct control of devices via IR, IP and RS-232, six voltage sense ports with sense-event capabilities, four relays for control via contact closure and an astronomical clock for time-based events.
- Integrated 10/100 Base-T (with PoE) and 802.11 wireless Ethernet for viewing video from network security cameras, enhanced two-way feedback and remote programming updates.
- Built-in camera, microphone and speakers enable video intercom capability.
- Proximity sensor automatically wakes the unit up when approached by the user and an ambient light sensor adjusts the brightness.
- Integrated mounting wings for easy installation in retrofit installs. Backbox also available (sold separately)
- Ships with stylish, low-profile white bezel. Bezels also available in black and brushed aluminum (sold separately).
- Faceplate and buttons are black with a glossy finish.
- Optional modules/processors for voltage sensing, relays and advanced two-way control.
- USB and Ethernet programming.
* All Specifications subject to change without notice.
|Power||+9VDC to +16VDC, 1A max|
|Power Management||Adjustable backlight brightness, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor|
|Touchscreen Display||High-brightness color TFT LCD
WVGA (480x800 pixels) with 16.7M colors
Integrated high-resolution resistive touchscreen
|Display Size||3.5 in (89mm) diagonal|
|Display Backlight||LED Backlit, 200nit|
|Infrared Output||Through control port, 200mA output
Drives up to 1000 ft (300 m) of wire
|Serial Port||Two RJ-45, RS-232 communication|
|Ethernet Port||10/100 Base-T with Power-over-Ethernet|
|Relays||Four, 3 Amps @ 30 VDC|
|Sense Inputs||Six, 3-24VDC|
|Radio Frequency Control Range||Up to 100 feet (30.5 meters)
Communication with optional wireless Interfaces
|Radio Frequency Carrier||802.15.4 @ 2.4GHz (Zigbee® Wireless Networking)|
|Camera||Color CMOS VGA (640x480)|
|Speaker||One (1) 2 Watt, 8 Ohm|
|Flash Memory||128MB Bytes Flash (non-volatile) memory|
|Device Capability||Total number of devices is limited only by memory|
|Macro Capability||Unlimited steps in a single macro
Total number of macros is limited only by memory
Macro capability on every button
|Communications||USB programming port|
|Enclosure||High-impact molded ABS plastic|
|Mounting||Integrated mounting wings, or screws through front plate|
|Bezel Dims (W x H)||4.352in (110.5mm) x 5.876in (149.25mm)|
|Install. Cut-Out (W x H)||2.942in (74.7mm) x 5.192in (131.8mm)|
|Total Depth in Wall||1.265in (32.1mm), with mounting wings 1.624in(41.2mm)
NOTE: Additional room may be required depending on connections
|Operating Temperature||+32°F to +122°F (0°C to +50°C)|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% Non-condensing|
|Warranty||Three Years (Parts & Labor)|
* All Specifications subject to change without notice.