K4 In-Wall Universal Controller
This model has been discontinued
The K4 is a color LCD touchpanel designed for flush-mount installations in walls or cabinets. It provides a self-contained control system for controlling audio/video components, lights, or other electronic systems in the home. It also displays composite video, motion JPEG, and web pages - either full screen or in an adjustable window.
The K4 has it all - it's the first stand-alone touchpanel with infrared control, video monitoring, and Ethernet connectivity. With a TFT LCD, full VGA resolution, powerful 400MHz 32-bit MCU, 32MB of Flash memory, stereo speakers, and an infrared receiver, the K4 takes touchpanel control to new heights.
The K4 is an advanced universal system controller that mounts in a wall. Its design maintains the perfect balance between display size and resolution. At 6.4 inches the LCD is small enough to blend into a room's interior, yet it provides the full VGA resolution necessary for displaying video windows and web pages. The K4 interface is fully programmable using RTI's Integration Designer software*, making it easy to display custom buttons, text, graphics, and animations.
The K4 can directly control almost any audio/video component or lighting system up to 1000 feet away using its infrared output port. In addition, the built-in Ethernet port allows the K4 to display video from network security cameras, access the Internet, view and play songs stored on hard drive music servers, and control other devices on the network. A video card provides the ability to digitize composite video for full screen or scalable viewing on any control page.
The K4 can be used as a stand-alone device or as part of an expandable central control system. When used with the available RTI accessory devices, the K4 is capable of infrared routing, relay control, power sensing, and two-way RS-232 communications for advanced control.
*Integration Designer software only available to authorized RTI dealers.
- Stylish low-profile faceplate with magnetic attachment
- Integrated mounting wings for easy installation
- Full color TFT LCD to display custom buttons, text, graphics, animations, and video
- Displays composite or S-video either full screen or in an adjustable size window.
- Integrated high-resolution touchscreen
- Integrated 10/100Base-T Ethernet port
- Adjustable backlight brightness
- Stereo speakers for customizable sounds
- Plasma friendly infrared receiver for command pass-through
- IR output port drives up to 1000 feet of wire
- Two power status input ports
- Powerful 32-bit, 400MHz XScale® processor
- 32MByte of Flash Memory
- Easy-to-use Windows® based software for programming and customization*
- Completely customizable, programmable and upgradeable
- Optional Voltage and Video sensing modules to monitor power status of equipment
- Optional interface for RS-232-controlled equipment
- Non-volatile Flash memory stores your system configuration even when power is not present
- Field upgradeable firmware
- USB and Ethernet Programming
|Power||+9VDC to +16VDC, 1A max|
|Power Management||Adjustable backlight brightness/power down time|
|Touchscreen Display||High-brightness color TFT LCD
Full VGA (640x480 pixels) with 65K colors
300:1 contrast ratio
Integrated high-resolution resistive touchscreen
|Display Size||6.4 in (162mm) diagonal|
|Display Backlight||Dual CCFL, 300nit|
|Infrared Output Port||200mA output
Drives up to 1000 ft (300 m) of wire
|Operating Temperature||+32°F to +122°F (0°C to +50°C)|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% Non-condensing|
|Total System Memory||32M Bytes Flash (non-volatile) memory|
|Device Capability||Total number of devices is limited only by memory|
|Macro Capability||Unlimited steps in a single macro
Total number of macros is limited only by memory
Macro capability on every button
|Communications||USB programming port|
|Video Input||4 Composite or 2 S-Video BNC Connectors, NTSC/PAL/SECAM|
|Enclosure||Formed steel, black powder coating|
|Front Plate||High-impact molded ABS plastic|
|Mounting||Integrated mounting wings, or screws through front bezel|
|Installation Cut-Out (W x H)||8.25 in (210mm) x 5.5 in (140mm)|
|Total Depth in Wall||2.25 in (57mm)|
|Weight||2.6 lbs (1180g)|
|Warranty||Three Year (Parts & Labor)|
All specifications subject to change without notice.