AD-4x Audio Distribution System
Let the music move you with the AD-4x audio distribution system from RTI. Go to the exercise room to summon your iPod®, listen to broadcast radio in the kitchen, internet radio in the backyard, and a CD in the living room - all at the same time. This compact audio distribution system contains both a matrix switching pre-amp and a built-in power amplifier. The four local source inputs can be augmented with four remote source inputs, making it easy to listen to music from your kitchen iPod dock or office PC.
The second generation of the AD-4 audio distribution system, the AD-4x has added powerful new features, providing more flexibility and quicker installations. Now with pre-outs for each zone, a separate amplifier may be added for additional power and speakers where needed. The addition of Ethernet support allows two-way control via the LAN, while a web interface allows the AD-4x output zones to be tested during installation via a web browser on a smartphone, tablet or PC. This web interface is also used to configure output zones into groups, allowing them to be controlled as a single zone.
The AD-4x audio distribution system is designed to be a seamless extension of an RTI control system. The AD-4x provides the audio switching, amplification and distribution functions, while RTI central processors and user interfaces manage the audio source control, user input and status feedback. Information such as the selected source, volume level, and tone control settings are available for each zone. Depending on the source equipment used, more advanced information such as song playlists, cover art, and tuner RDS data may also be available. Of course with RTI control systems, audio is just the beginning. Imagine every aspect of your environment working in complete harmony - from audio and video, to lighting, temperature and more. Such scenarios are only made possible from an audio distribution system backed by a real, professional grade control system. Thanks to the efficient engineering that defines the AD-4x, there is no reason to limit yourself to a system that was designed only for music with RTI so much more is possible.
Included in the box:
AD-4x, power cord, rack ears (2) with screws, Phoenix 4-position speaker terminal blocks (4), feet with screws(4)
- Four analog stereo audio output zones with input switching and pre-outs.
- Twenty-five watts per channel in each zone.
- Four analog audio source inputs with independent trim level adjustment.
- Accessory wall plate (RSP-1) allows source equipment to be connected remotely with a Cat-5 cable.
- RSO-1 digital to analog converter (sold separately) provides audio input for digital audio sources.
- Controlled via infrared, or two-way control (with status feedback) via RS-232 and IP using RTI control systems.
- Independent volume and tone control for all audio zones.
- Ethernet support and a web interface allows the AD-4x output zones to be tested during installation via a web browser on a smartphone, tablet or PC.
- Web interface allows for output zones to be configured into groups, allowing them to be controlled as a single zone.
- Controlled via Infrared and RS-232 including two-way feedback when installed with RTI control systems.
- Optional phone and doorbell mute function.
- Zone power indicator LEDs.
- Compact, low-profile design allows shelf or rack installation.
|AC Input Voltage||115VAC or 240VAC (Switchable), 230W|
|Power Switch||Front Panel On/Off control with LED power indicator|
|Mounting||Rack mount or free standing|
|Dimensions (HxWxD||2.1in(53mm) x 19in(482mm) x 13.3in(340mm)|
|Operating Temperature||+32°F to +122°F (0°C to +50°C)|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% Non-condensing|
|Local Input Source||Four, RCA|
|Remote Input Mixed Source||Four, RJ-45|
|CTRL In||One, 3.5mm, for IR control|
|Remote Source IR||One, 3.5mm x 4 sources, IR input|
|RS232 Port||One, DB9 for Bidirectional Control|
|Ethernet Port||One, RJ-45|
|Trigger Output||One, 12VDC @ 15mA|
|Voltage Output||One, 12VDC @ 500mA|
|Output Zones||Four, Two channels each|
|Rated Power/Channel||>20 Watts, 20Hz to 20KHz (RMS, 2 chan driven 8ohms)|
|Power/Channel||>25 Watts @ 1KHz (RMS, 2 chan driven 8ohms)|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||@20W/8ohm, .5%|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||@1W/8ohm <.05%|
|S/N @ Rated Power, IEC A-wtd, Source Input shorted||92dB (mute +1)|
|Frequency Response 20Hz to 20KHz @1W/8ohm||1.5+/-.5dB|
|Channel Separation 1KHz||>60dB|
|Crosstalk Between Sources @ Rated Power/1KHz||>75dB|
|Crosstalk Between Zones @ Rated Power/1KHz||80dB|
|Treble Control @10KHz||10dB +/-.5dB|
|Bass Control @100Hz||10dB +/-.5dB|
|Warranty||Three Years (parts & labor)|
All features and specifications subject to change without notice.