The U2 is designed for reliable wireless control of audio/video systems from environments which are too harsh for normal remote controls. It is completely sealed, making it weather resistant.
The U2 combines the convenience of eight programmable “soft” buttons with an LCD display and the ideal selection of commonly used keypad buttons. The high contrast display can be customized with any combination of text and graphics desired. This provides a simple and flexible interface
for operating today’s sophisticated electronic
systems, regardless of the location. The U2 is a perfect companion for hot tubs, pools,
bathrooms, and decks.
The U2 is RTI’s second generation weather resistant remote control. The durable design of the U2 allows it to take control of the most sophisticated media or environmental systems from virtually any location. From the pool to playroom, backyard or boat, the U2 uses RF communications to allow easy access to your equipment - even when it’s out of sight.
Replacing all other remotes, the U2 also features an easy to read, high-contrast LCD that can display custom buttons and text - even in bright sunlight. In addition to the backlit display, there are 33 tactile membrane buttons that allow easy access to frequently used functions.
Used with RTI automation devices, the U2 is capable of power sensing for reliable operation and RS-232 communications for advanced control. Sleek and durable, the U2 expands your control to wherever your lifestyle requires. Programming is easy and convenient thanks to the Windows® based Integration Designer software*.
NOTE: For RF control, a 433MHz antenna must be used with this model of remote. It is not compatible with the ZM-24 2.4 GHz Transceiver Module.
*Integration Designer software only available to authorized RTI dealers.
- Durable design is weather resistant.
- Ergonomic design permits effortless, one-handed operation.
- Thirty-three assignable/programmable keypad buttons.
- Combines easy-to-read LCD display for custom buttons, text, and graphics
with eight programmable keypad buttons.
- Tilt switch can automatically turn on the backlight when picked up.
- Extremely bright, backlit display and keypad.
- Tactile Feedback on all buttons.
- Intuitive layout of keypad buttons for commonly used functions.
- Optional RF receiver allows you to transmit through walls, cabinets, etc.
- Completely customizable and programmable.
- Optional ‘Voltage’ and ‘Video’ sensing modules to monitor power status
- Optional interface for RS-232 controlled equipment.
- Non-volatile Flash memory stores your system configuration even when
power is not present.
- Field upgradeable firmware.
- System includes four AAA batteries.
- USB Programming.
|Power||4 AAA batteries|
|Power Management||Automatic On/Off (tilt switch)|
|Radio Frequency Control Range|
Up to 100 feet (30.5 meters)
|Radio Frequency Carrier||433 MHz|
|Display||High-contrast STN Monochrome LCD|
|Display Size (H x W)||2.1 in x .94 in (53mm x 24mm)|
|Backlight||White EL (Display and Keypad)|
|Operating Temperature||+32°F to +122°F (0°C to +50°C)|
|Total System Memory||256K Bytes Flash (non-volatile) memory|
|Device Capability||Total number of devices is limited only by memory|
|Macro Capability||Unlimited steps in a single macro|
Total number of macros is limited only by memory
Macro capability on every button
|Communications||USB programming port|
|Enclosure||High-impact molded ABS plastic|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||9.1 in (231mm) x 2.4 in (61mm) x 1.0 in (25mm)|
|Weight||7 oz (200g)|
|Warranty||One Year (Parts & Labor)|
All specifications subject to change without notice.